We’re barreling towards a future of automation. Spreading across multiple industries and businesses, the rise of automation is changing the traditional landscape of business processing, data and analytics and communications. Automation is no new concept, and in the Gartner 2021 Tech Trends Prediction report, hyperautomation was a critical trend to watch.
As humans move to more complex problem solving and high volume tasks, automation also evolves to complete more sophisticated automations. However, while automation continues to rise, terms like robotic process automation, intelligent automation and hyperautomation will become standard business jargon and be easily confused.
Here is a quick breakdown of the differences between automation.
What is robotic process automation?
Gartner defines robotic process automation, “a noninvasive integration technology used to automate routine, repetitive, and predictable tasks through orchestrated UI interactions that emulate human actions.”
Within this category, there are two types of automation; assisted and unassisted.
- Assisted: bots are deployed on an individual desktop to help humans on a specific aspect of a complex project that requires machine processing.
- Unassisted: bots are deployed on a centralized server. This type of RPA solution automates end-to-end tasks and workflow scheduling from a central point of control.
What is intelligent automation?
While robotics process automation focuses on automating repetitive and rule-based tasks, intelligent automation focuses on incorporating AI technology into its processing. These technologies include machine learning, natural language processing, structured data interaction and intelligent document processing.
AI is focused on simulating types of human intelligence and can therefore process more complex tasks that usually require judgement, decision-making, analysis and reasoning. Intelligent automation, therefore, refers to the integration of robotics with multiple components from different emerging technologies.
What is hyperautomation?
Hyperautomation is the extension of legacy business process automation beyond the confines of individual processes. It combines AI tools with RPA and enables automation for virtually any repetitive task executed by business users. It even takes it to the next level and automates the automation – dynamically discovering business processes and creating bots to automate them.
Tools such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI), work together to automate complex business processes making hyperautomation a catalyst for real digital transformation.
According to Gartner, RPA enriched by AI and ML is the core enabling technology of hyperautomation. Combining RPA and AI technologies offer the power and flexibility to automate undocumented processes that rely on unstructured data inputs.
Robots aren’t here to take away our jobs, they’re here to give us a promotion.” The case of hyper-automation and automation tools continue to grow. If you have yet to adopt automation within your business, you’re already behind the curve. If you’ve been proactive in adoption, then the only way to stay ahead of the curve is to continue to evaluate your current processes and make sure that the toolstack you are using is working optimally – Gartner Research Director Manjunath Bhat.
What to expect from the Smartz Solutions Product Suite
AI-Driven Strategies to transform your customer’s satisfaction
- Smartz A.I.D (Automatic Interaction Distributor) uses built-in AI-driven real-time Sentiment data, which powers personalized customer-employee connections, boosting both customer and agent satisfaction. Through intelligent routing, the AID will understand a customer’s preferences and route them to the agent who will offer them the best service.
- The Smartz Bots understand phrases, keywords, and sentiments through bots powered by AI learning. Improve your customer and self-service capability by minimizing Agent transfers through consistent responses and answers. Increase business productivity with 24/7 work output while reducing costs. Smartz Bots increase employee productivity by removing mundane tasks it can handle.
- Sentiment Analysis: Using real-time analysis, track customer interactions with an AI-driven sentiment engine. Through proprietary technology such as AID, (Automatic Interaction Distributor), customers are routed to the agent who will offer the best service based on insights from the Sentiment Engine. Automatic alerts are triggered to supervisors when negative sentiments are recorded.
About Smartz Solutions
Smartz Solutions specializes in managing customer and employee experiences through our enabling technology. Our success is based on technological foresight and strong business knowledge, enabling us to develop integrated solutions that meet your business needs.
Our power lies in turning insights into strategies and giving you the ability to make effective business decisions. Based on a wealth of knowledge covering multiple industries, we have developed a suite of products that include the entire customer engagement journey offering best-in-class, world-class applications in a single end-to-end CX and EX platform.
More from Smartz Solutions