Cellular telecommunications has been one of the world’s most competitive markets since it became commercially available in the 1980s. Fast forward to a post-pandemic world, customer loyalty is at an all-time low, employee engagement is taking a hit, and demand is higher than ever.
For CNW – the largest independent MTN dealer in South Africa – an omnichannel solution that would create seamless interactions with customers was the only option to continue growing an ever-demanding African market. The business required a robust, cost-effective solution that was scalable and future-proof.
Enter Smartz Solutions.
Adopting an agile omnichannel solution for CX and EX functionality
Understanding that environments change, customer demands evolve, and employee needs mature, Smartz Solutions strategically worked with CNW to adopt an agile omnichannel solution within their existing environment.
Smartz Solutions identified the customer experience (CX) elements CNW would leverage using Smartz Commz – a complete integrated voice and omnichannel platform. These included;
- Complete omnichannel functionality. WhatsApp, two-way bulk SMS and agent capabilities were activated
- Inbound voice capability with basic IVR functionality
- Multi-modal outbound dialer capability
- Addition of a single pane view for customer and agent activity
- Clear and advanced reporting
- Customized rerouting across 68 retail stores (within 20 seconds) of unanswered CNW retail stores’ inbound calls to the inbound customer service queue
Effective customer experiences rely on seamless engagement that stems from employee experiences. Understanding the impact these experiences can have on the quality customers receive when engaging with businesses, Smartz Solutions implemented and leveraged Smartz Engage – a complete employee engagement platform – for CNW. This included the implementation of advanced quality assurance and recordings.
“Smartz assisted us in uncomplicating our complicated world– Johan Blignaut, CNW
The benefits of a true omnichannel solution
After adopting and implementing Smartz Solutions’ capabilities, CNW saw the following;
- More than a 30% increase in sales after the introduction of digital channels such as WhatsApp and bulk two-way SMS during the first three months.
- Drastic reduction in abandonment rate and lost sales by diverting unanswered store calls and the ability to track store performance from a voice metric perspective.
- Improved bottom line savings through automation by incorporating E-HUB center onto Smartz Solutions
- Automated QA per channel, providing valuable insights and driving optimization
- Improved ease-of-use through a single view of agent activity and schedule adherence
Why Smartz Solutions
Smartz Solutions is a cloud-based omnichannel communications platform. Our competitive advantage is how we bring together back office, communications and employee engagement under one fully integrated stack.
With decades of experience and knowledge of the relationship between the employee and customer experience, Smartz Solutions maps these journeys to give businesses the power of managing total experience.
“We are not offering products. We offer solutions. Through the Smartz Solutions’ suite we work with you to accelerate your customer and employee experiences, keeping you at the forefront of your industry”– James Guthrie, Founder Smartz Solutions