The rise of chatbots in a customer experience environment is an exciting tool to incorporate into your 2021 CX strategy.
Bots and chatbots empower businesses to automate the process of answering repetitive questions for their customers, improving the time to resolution for clients, and reducing the pressure on agents. While these are not brand new technological tools, they are still relatively underutilized in the modern marketplace.
If you’re new to bots and chatbots, this simple guide will help you get started.
What are Chatbots and Bots ?
A bot is a program that automatically completes an action based on specific triggers and algorithms. A chatbot is a computer program that’s designed to simulate human conversation. Users interact with these tools using a chat interface or via voice, just like they would interact with another person. Chatbots interpret words given to them people and provide a pre-set answer.
Chatbots, have application layers, databases, conversational user interfaces (CUIs) and APIs. There are three standard kinds of a chatbot commonly used:
- A Rule-based chatbot: Provide a predefined answer to precise questions. These bots are great for qualifying leads or offering customers an interactive FAQ experience.
- An intelligent chatbot: Uses machine learning to learn from the user’s requests and information. Intelligent bots understand specific words and phrases that trigger a reply. They learn over time to understand more questions and deliver better answers.
- An AI-powered chatbot: Combine the benefits of rule-based bots with the power of intellectually independent programs to solve user problems. These bots remember the context of conversations and understand user preferences. They use a combination of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, and AI to understand customers.
How do Bots and Chatbots Work?
There are specific classification methods used to run a chatbot.
First, there is an option to create a pattern-matching bot. Pattern-matching bots classify text and create a response based on the keywords they see. A standard structure for these patterns is AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language). In pattern-matching, the chatbot only knows how to answer questions that already exist in their model. The bot cannot go beyond these patterns which are already implemented into its system.
Second, are chatbots that use algorithms. For each type of question, a unique pattern must be available in a database for the bot to provide the right response. With various combinations of trends, it’s possible to create a hierarchical structure. Algorithms are how developers reduce the classifiers and make the system more manageable.
Thirdly, there are artificial neural networks that chatbots use. These solutions give the bots a way to calculate the response to a question using weighted connections and context in data. With artificial neural networks, each sentence provided to a bot is broken down into different words, and each word is used as an input for the neural network. Over time, the neural network becomes more robust and more advanced, helping the bot to create a more accurate set of responses to common queries.
There are many different types of variations in neural networks. Often, businesses that use these tools will need to train their bots over time to become more efficient and effective.
What to expect from the Smartz Solutions Product Suite
AI-Driven Strategies to transform your customer’s satisfaction
- Smartz A.I.D (Automatic Interaction Distributor) uses built-in AI-driven real-time Sentiment data, which powers personalized customer-employee connections, boosting both customer and agent satisfaction. Through intelligent routing, the A.I.D will understand a customer’s preferences and route them to the agent who will offer them the best service.
- The Smartz Bots understand phrases, keywords, and sentiments through bots powered by AI learning. Improve your customer and self-service capability by minimizing Agent transfers through consistent responses and answers. Increase business productivity with 24/7 work output while reducing costs. Smartz Bots increase Employee productivity by removing mundane tasks it can handle.
- Sentiment Analysis: Using real-time analysis, track customer interactions with an AI-driven sentiment engine. Through proprietary technology such as A.I.D., (Automatic Interaction Distributor), customers are routed to the agent who will offer the best service based on insights from the Sentiment Engine. Automatic alerts are triggered to supervisors when negative sentiments are recorded.
About Smartz Solutions
Smartz Solutions specializes in managing customer and employee experiences through our enabling technology. Our success is based on technological foresight and strong business knowledge, enabling us to develop integrated solutions that meet your business needs.
Our power lies in turning insights into strategies and giving you the ability to make effective business decisions. Based on a wealth of knowledge covering multiple industries, we have developed a suite of products that include the entire customer engagement journey offering best-in-class, world-class applications in a single end-to-end CX and EX platform.
Total Experience Vs Customer Experience: Why it matters in 2021: https://smartz-solutions.com/total-experience-vs-customer-experience-why-it-matters-in-2021/
3 simple steps to kickstart your Total Experience strategy in 2021: https://smartz-solutions.com/3-simple-steps-to-kickstart-your-total-experience-strategy-in-2021/